Bill Evans – We Will Meet Again (Sheet Music)
Find Bill Evans’ sheet music trancriptions in our Library
We will Mett Again – The Album
We Will Meet Again is an album by jazz pianist Bill Evans made for Warner Bros. Records in 1979. It is notable in that it is Evans’s last studio recording.
After the suicide of Bill Evans’ older brother, Harry, earlier in 1979, Bill made this album with his brother in mind, “We Will Meet Again” is addressed to Harry.
Just after Harry’s suicide, Bill Evans started a relationship with a Canadian waitress called Laurie Verchomin, the track “Laurie” is named after her. Laurie eventually took care of Bill Evans until his death, she was the last person he saw before he died.
Credits adapted from AllMusic.
- Bill Evans – piano
- Tom Harrell – trumpet
- Marc Johnson – bass
- Joe LaBarbera – drums
- Larry Schneider – tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone, alto flute
- Helen Keane – producer
- Frank Laico – engineer, mixing
- Aram Gesar – photography
- Stew Romaine – mastering
- Chris Callis – photography
- Lee Herschberg – digital mastering (reissue)
- Libertango (Piano Solo) – Astor Piazzola
- Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazzolla (arr. piano solo)
- Oblivion (A. Piazzolla) Two pianos – pianists Argerich and Hubert
- Out of Africa – music by John Barry (piano solo)
- Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla) by Nadja Kossinskaja,guitar (with sheet music)
- Erik Satie (composer and pianist) (1866-1925)